Use to make your dog's home-made meals complete and balanced
COMPASSION CIRCLE'S VegeDog™ is a supplement used by caretakers to cook nutritionally complete home-made meals for their dogs. The formula contains all the amino-acids, minerals and vitamins, which, combined with well-balanced VegeDog™ recipes, create 100% complete nutrition. Non tested on animals, vegan, non-GMO.
Dogs are nutritionally omnivores without the metabolic limitations of carnivores. However, achieving the proper nutrient balance is not easy on your own. Like magic, VegeDog™ makes it easy! Simply add this vitamin and mineral mix to plant-based people food, using the VegeDog™ recipes that accompany your supplement.
VegeDog™ supplement for dogs provides the nutrients dogs require from non-animal sources.
- Arachidonic Acid (ARA), a key nutrient for dogs that is required for numerous vital metabolic processes. Derived from the mortierella alpina, then fermented to produce high-quality, vegan ARA.
- Taurine. A shortage of this amino acid causes blindness and heart disease in dogs. So it must be supplemented to a vegan diet, and VegeDog™ provides taurine.
- Vitamin A. Through biosynthesis most mammals make vitamin A from the yellow pigment (carotene) found in vegetables. Dogs lack this ability, making a dietary source of this vitamin, found naturally only in animal tissues, essential.
- Vitamin D is another essential vitamin, found naturally mostly in animal tissues as vitamin D3, but is also found in some plant sources. VegeDog™ contains plant-based vitamin D3.
See full list of ingredients in the Ingredients section below.
Use VegeDog™ Recipe Brochure to cook tasty and healthy food for your dog. The brochure includes recipes of home-made kibble (see pictures) and other delicious and nutritionally complete meals.
- Nutritionally complete meal. Your dog is getting 100% of nutrients from a home cooked diet. If you cook dog food at home without any supplements, you must ensure that your dog is getting enough of Taurine, Vitamin D3, Vitamin A, and the essential fatty acid arachidonate; these are rare nutrients, which is why supplementing is the best way to provide these nutrients for anyone cooking dog food at home.
- Full control over the ingredients. Cooking dog meals at home gives the ability to select the ingredients you want. You can include the ingredients your dog likes, and exclude those your dog doesn’t like. For example, you can include sweet potato and green peas, and exclude corn and wheat.
- Variety. By cooking dog food at home you have many options when it comes to formulating various flavors, so your dog can always have something different, which adds excitement and energy to your dog.
- Affordable. Cooking dog food at home and supplementing it is the most affordable way to feed your dog; one bag of supplements lasts a long time and is more economical than buying pre-made commercial kibble.
The VegeDog™ supplement is intended for use with VegeDog™ recipes or recipes closely based on ours. Do not add the VegeDog™ supplement to commercial food to avoid over-supplemenation. You may feed both commercial and home-prepared food but you should only add the VegeDog™ supplement to the home-prepared portion of the diet, reducing the daily serving size accordingly.
It is best to mix the supplement into prepared warm food, but the supplement can also be added during the cooking process.
For optimal health, add a lactose-free digestive enzyme product to your dog’s diet (see Enzyme Miracle). Also, Green Mush™ — the ultimate superfood for your animal companion — is a wonderful addition to any diet and is available from Compassion Circle.
For puppies or pregnant and lactating mamas, please see the VegePup supplement.
- 10.5 oz (300 g) lasts a 10 lb (4.5 kg) dog for about 3.5 months or a 40 lb (18 kg) dog for over 1 month.
- 21 oz (600 g) lasts a 10 lb (4.5 kg) dog for about 6 months or a 40 lb (18 kg) dog for over 2 months.
Gradual transition is the key to a successful transition.
Start by mixing 1 part of new food and 4 parts of old food.
During the next 2 weeks, gradually increase the amount of new food to 100%.
Older pets and picky eaters may need longer time and extra care to completely switch.
Digestive Enzymes can be used to harden up stool during transition.
Nutritional Yeast has a cheesy flavour, which cats and dogs love.
More transition tips on this page.
Provide ample water to cats and dogs, and especially male cats due to their urinary anatomy.
Water aids with digestion and helps to avoid urinary issues. Water flushes out pathogens, heavy metals, and harmful drugs.
Soak dry kibble in water to make moist food with 1:1 ratio (1 part kibble to 1 part water), and wait for at least 30 min before serving.
Use distilled water whenever possible.
Incorporate wet canned food for better hydration. Mix wet food with dry kibble to increase moisture level.
Use an electric water fountain to entice pets to drink more water.
Store in a dark, cool place, tightly sealed.
For canned food: after opening, remove remaining leftovers and put into an airtight container for up to 3 days, keep it in the fridge. It can also be portioned out and frozen for later use or served as a frosty treat!
Brush your furry friends' teeth regularly.
Offer dental treats after moist food or add several dry kibbles to help scrape off the plague.
Monitor pH of your pet's urine - more info on this page.
Play with your pets daily to keep them active, healthy and happy 🧸
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
For shipping information, see here