Complete and balanced nutrition for your puppy
BENEVO PUPPY is a nutritionally complete and balanced food formulated for growing puppies.
The first complete vegan puppy food made in the UK, Benevo Puppy has added calcium, vitamins and minerals to meet the pup’s growing needs.
Benevo is the largest independent vegan pet food company in the World.
WHY DO PUPPIES NEED SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOOD?
The main difference between ready-made food for puppies and food made for adult dogs is the richness of nutrients - puppies require more vitamins, calcium, phosphorus, and other trace elements. You can see the comparison between Benevo Puppy vs. Benevo Adult formula below:
Benevo Puppy formula takes all of the needs of a growing body into account. Moreover, small-breed puppies have their own requirements and this puppy formula accounts for those developmental characteristics (see the feeding instructions section for more details on how to feed small-breed puppies).
- Formulated by professional pet nutritionists. Benevo Puppy is a tasty and digestible food prepared without animal ingredients, artificial flavors or colors.
- Wheat-free Recipe. The unique formula has no added wheat or wheat gluten and is an allergy-friendly alternative for dogs.
- 1st Dedicated Vegan Kibble formulated specifically for Puppies.
- Contains Omega 3&6 Essential Acids which are important for skin, fur, joints, circulation, immunity, vision, and brain function.
- Non-GMO Ingredients. A complete diet with balanced nutrition. A blend of specially selected non-GM ingredients has been fortified with added vitamins and minerals to help maintain health and vitality in your puppy.
- Includes fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), a natural pre-biotic which may help improve digestion and boost absorption of nutrients in the gut.
- Added Calcium and Vitamins. Important non-animal sourced nutrients that play an essential role in regulating heart function and metabolism of fats.
HOW TO USE FEEDING AMOUNTS TABLE
Determine the average adult weight of your dog (you can look it up for your dog's breed). For example, when my dog grows up, he will weigh 1-4 kg. 'Toy 1-4 kg' then becomes my reference column in the feeding chart below. Select the age of your puppy (shown in months) and find the appropriate food amount in your reference column. For example, a 4-month-old puppy that will weigh 1-4 kg as an adult requires 80 g of kibble per day.
When 'toy' sized dogs reach the age of 11 months they should be switched to an adult formula. After 12 months puppies of all sizes should be fed an adult formula.
|Age of Puppy (months)||Toy 1-4kg||Small 5-10kg||Medium 11-25kg||Large 26-45kg|
*Daily amounts; we recommend you split that amount into 2 meals
Gradual transition is the key to a successful transition.
Start by mixing 1 part of new food and 4 parts of old food.
During the next 2 weeks, gradually increase the amount of new food to 100%.
Older pets and picky eaters may need longer time and extra care to completely switch.
Digestive Enzymes can be used to harden up stool during transition.
Nutritional Yeast has a cheesy flavour, which cats and dogs love.
More transition tips on this page.
Provide ample water to cats and dogs, and especially male cats due to their urinary anatomy.
Water aids with digestion and helps to avoid urinary issues. Water flushes out pathogens, heavy metals, and harmful drugs.
Soak dry kibble in water to make moist food with 1:1 ratio (1 part kibble to 1 part water), and wait for at least 30 min before serving.
Use distilled water whenever possible.
Incorporate wet canned food for better hydration. Mix wet food with dry kibble to increase moisture level.
Use an electric water fountain to entice pets to drink more water.
Store in a dark, cool place, tightly sealed.
For canned food: after opening, remove remaining leftovers and put into an airtight container for up to 3 days, keep it in the fridge. It can also be portioned out and frozen for later use or served as a frosty treat!
Brush your furry friends' teeth regularly.
Offer dental treats after moist food or add several dry kibbles to help scrape off the plague.
Monitor pH of your pet's urine - more info on this page.
Play with your pets daily to keep them active, healthy and happy 🧸
Subscription savings are coming soon.
Sign up to our newsletter (at the bottom of page) and we'll let you know when subscriptions are available.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Save on shipping by selecting items from the same warehouse;
For example, if you select kibble from the LA warehouse and treats from the Vancouver warehouse, the cost of shipping will be combined at the checkout.
1-2 days small items
3-5 days large items
Delivery: 3-8 days
Shipping fees are non-refundable.
Additonal shipping fees for exchanges are the responsibility of the customer.
We do not accept open products.